Translate

Friday, April 15, 2016

The Endless Uses of Coconut Oil ~ Health and Beauty Regimen

As I continue to research and read about the millions of uses and benefits of Coconut Oil, I honestly cannot believe how many there are, their uses and benefits. Absolutely too many to list in 1 or 2 posts.

I have been using Coconut Oil for oral hygiene for about a year and last night I decided to try it as a moisturizer on my face before bed.  Waking up this morning and feeling my face, I am amazed at how soft it feels.  It has been found to be not only a moisturizer but also a wrinkle reducer.  I read that for areas of concern around the eyes, just dab a little around the eyes to fight pre-mature aging. Leave the oil on overnight and wake up looking refreshed.  Combined with frankincense oil, it offers additional anti-aging benefits.

Using coconut oil for skin, health and beauty not only as a moisturizer and wrinkle-reducer but as a makeup remover gives the benefit of hydration around the eyes and will not sting or irritate the eyes as commercial eye make removers do.  I remember many times using a commercial eye makeup remover and then having my vision blurry for several minutes because it got into my eyes.  Certainly not good for eye health.

After a shower, try applying Coconut Oil liberally all over your body.  The oil hydrates the skin, soothes skin after shaving and also acts as a natural SPF and is a great protectant for the skin from sun damage.  Just be sure that if you are applying coconut oil to the bottom of your feet, do so outside of the tub to prevent slipping!  It is amazing how soft and smooth your skin feels when applying the oil after a shower.  This is the Coconut Oil I use.  It really is a matter of personally trying Coconut Oil to know the benefits and difference.

Regardless of the season, our skin gets the brunt of everything, soaking in a bath with 1/4 cup of Epsom Salts and 1/4 Coconut Oil, will help bring out the toxins in the body while the oil will help to soothe dry skin.  Add some of your favorite essential oils for aromatherapy benefits.











Essential Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment