As I continue to research and learn more about the many benefits of Coconut Oil
use, I'm absolutely amazed at what I'm finding. It's amazing what we can learn just by taking the time to do so! In the days to come, I'll share more of what I've found but for today's post, I'm going to switch to the benefits I've found on the uses of coconut oil for our 4-legged friends. Dogs too can benefit from incorporating Coconut Oil
into their diet.
Supplements can be a confusing topics for pet owners. Fish oil has always been heralded as a great "oil" supplement to add to your pet's diet; however, there are a variety of oils that our dogs can benefit from. Each of these oils have different actions and benefits.
Most of the benefits of coconut oil come from MCT or Medium Chain Triglycerides. The lauric acid which is the main component of MCT has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. In addition to this, MCTs are efficiently metabolized to provide an immediate source of fuel and energy ultimately enhancing athletic performance and aiding weight loss. In dogs, the MCTs in the oil balance the thyroid helping overweight dogs lose weight and sedentary dogs feel energetic.
Coconut OilFed regularly to pets, the benefits multiply ~
SKIN CONDITIONS
- Clears up skin conditions such as eczema and flea allergies, contact dermatitis and itchy skin
- Reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health
- Makes coats become sleek and glossy and deodorizes doggy odor
- Prevents and treats fungal infections, including candida
- Disinfects cuts and promotes wound healing
- Applied topically, promotes the healing of cuts, wounds, hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings
DIGESTION
- Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
- Aids healing of digestive disorders
- Reduces or eliminates bad breath in dogs (humans)
- Aids in elimination of hairballs and coughing
IMMUNE SYSTEM ~ METABOLIC FUNCTION ~ BONE HEALTH
- Contains powerful antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal agents that prevent infection and disease
- Regulates and balances insulin and promotes normal thyroid function
- Helps prevent or control diabetes
- Helps reduce weight, increases energy
- Aids in arthritis or ligament problems
I tried it with my dog while writing this post and it appears she's hooked! I couldn't get the spoon away from her!



No comments:
Post a Comment