Translate

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Making Positive Life Changes In Simple Ways

I have always told my son you can't control others, only yourself.  With that said, our happiness is dependent upon ourselves and the choices we make and no one or nothing else.  There will always be adversity and hurdles to overcome like today for myself for example, I'm not feeling well.  I'm feeling sluggish and rundown like I'm getting sick.  It's my choice on how I will approach my "feelings" and this day.  Sure, if I'm getting sick, I'm not going to feel at the top of my game and may need to rest some but how I choose to ultimately face what I'm feeling will make all the difference.  It's the same with any situation we are faced with.  If we constantly feel like we are hitting a brick wall, then it's up to us as individuals to adjust and move in a different direction.

Some ways we may make these adjustments are very simple and can make all the difference in the world.  Surrounding ourselves with positive people who are ultimately going to bring us up as opposed to negative people who will suck the life out of us is a crucial first step in making any positive change.  When we surround ourselves with people who lift us up, we feel empowered and strong which ultimately enables us to look at life or our current situation in a new positive light and not only gives us hope but perhaps an easier way to find a solution to whatever it is we are facing.

Sometimes we need to get out of our comfort zone and try something we normally wouldn't or do something different. Continuing to "play it safe" may keep us stuck whereas taking a chance on something may actually be a ticket to success.

Prioritize by putting God first.  The only person we should be worried about pleasing is God.  If we put Him first, everything else in our lives will fall into place.

Continue your education.  Strive to learn something new everyday.  If we aren't learning, we aren't growing.  Don't ever settle.  If you don't know something, do some research to learn about it. Keeping educated will keep us sharp and ultimately help us to make good decisions in life. Additionally, being educated may actually help someone else so it's a win-win.

Seek advice.  Sometimes the answer we need will come from someone else.  Don't be afraid to ask for help or advice.  Someone else may be able to provide a new found reality to something you may be unintentionally avoiding.  Sometimes hearing it from someone else will actually help us believe it.

Take the initiate to become a leader instead of going with the flow.  When you take a backseat you aren't learning or gaining anything of value.  When you lead, you are learning as well as building confidence which will ultimately help you in the future.

With a little effort, making positive change will ultimately lead to a happier and more fulfilling life.







No More Foot Pain: Happy Feet Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment