I've been away for 2 days and it's good to be back. I try to keep Sunday as the day it is intended--as a day of rest! I typically will not work/post on Sundays. Yesterday was a day where I worked helping a friend. I enjoy doing for others and teaching that value to my son. I so often remind him that the reason we are here on earth is to serve God and we do this by serving others; and that this life we have been blessed with is "not about us" it's about OTHERS. It certainly is a hard concept to remember and live by when living in such a commercialized and "me" world. We are constantly bombarded by ads, t.v., media, etc. and the "what's in it for me" mentality that has run ramped in our society and the world around us. It only takes one person however to start a change and make a difference. To quote the words of Mahatma Gandhi, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
No comments:
Post a Comment