What a difference starting the day on a positive note makes! Yesterday morning being the first day of school, I wanted to make it extra special for my son so I wrote little notes expressing my love for him and telling him how proud I am of him and left them all over the house, car and his lunch. I made him a special breakfast of pancakes that were shaped in the number grade he entered and thoroughly surprised him. When he returned home from school, he expressed that it was the BEST first day of school he ever had. How warm and happy that made me feel. Just going that little bit further, doing that little bit extra than I have in years past, made all the difference in the world to him. Starting the day with that extra special touch set the tone for a great first day of school. I plan to incorporate that "little extra" on a regular basis to continue to let him know how much I love him and how proud I am of him; things that I ALWAYS think but may not always necessarily say. Our children need to hear those warm feelings of love and appreciation and, as a matter of fact, we all do.
No comments:
Post a Comment