Translate

Friday, August 16, 2013

August 16, 2013

As a single parent, I often wonder if anyone is as confused and uncertain about the future and where they are headed in a career and taking care of the family as the head of the household as me.  I currently do not have a degree, but am working to complete a double major in International Studies (Spanish) and Business Marketing.  Nothing good is easy they say and a journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step is another saying I often hear but I find myself so often saying when am I going to catch a break?  I think I'm making the right choices for myself and my son and I find that I am so often met with roadblocks and challenges.  I know however that failure only occurs when we stop trying.  Everyone has  niche but the trouble sometimes is finding it.  I have found that to be the case for myself anyway.  I have also heard that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  If that is the case then, how does someone know when "enough is enough" and it's time to go a different route?  I want the best possible life for myself and my son and a career that I feel rewarded and happy doing but for me the question remains, what exactly is that?  What exactly should I be doing?
 
I wonder if I am alone in feeling this way?  I wonder if any other single parents feel the way that I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment