Translate

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Economic Independence For Women

Around the Nation as well as in the San Diego, California community, thousands of underserved women aspire to economic independence and a better quality of life for their families.  As a single mother who struggles for economic independence herself, I can empathize with these women. For this reason, Dress for Success and most specifically, Dress for Success San Diego has found a special place in my heart.  Despite not having a college degree, I have managed to educate myself through a couple of years of college, on-the-job training and a peppering of miscellaneous online courses. Much of what I have learned has been self-taught.  I am here to say that we all have gifts and talents and with some imagination, desire and determination anything is possible whether securing a college degree or not.  Women have so much to offer and sometimes when life wears us down, it's difficult to feel empowered to make a real and lasting change.  Dress for Success San Diego is the perfect place for women to take refuge and feel empowered.  From interview coaching to career-building programs, a woman can take advantage of the multitude of resources available to create lasting change for themselves and their families.


No comments:

Post a Comment