For all the blessings in my life, a way I have found to give back is by donating a portion of the sales from each of my stores to various charities. There is so much need in the world and although I know I am not even fulfilling a small portion of that need, in my heart, I want to do whatever I can to help others. Although I must note, this article is not at all about me or what I do, it is about others. It is about the struggling single mother who has been disadvantaged in more ways than one can imagine Dress for Success San Diego. The parents who are grief-stricken at watching helplessly their child fight cancer St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. The serviceman or woman who has gone to battle only to return home injured never to be the same Wounded Warrior Project. The countless children and adults who go to bed, work or school hungry or are at risk of drinking unclean water No Kid Hungry, UNICEF Tap Project, Feeding America. Those men, women and children who have no pillow to lay their head at night Friends of Boston's Homeless and the countless, countless need that has found its way to every corner of our world.
No comments:
Post a Comment