Translate

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Some Days Are Harder Than Others

Some days I ask myself why are things so hard?  Why can't I find a good man who will stay with me, remain faithful and committed to me and love me until death do us part?  Why can't I get out of debt?  Why am I raising a child alone?  Why was my ex-husband unfaithful?  How could he just up and leave my son and me?  Why?  Why?  Why?  The only answer I can come up with is that mine is not to question why and that this is my lot in life.  Everyone has something to deal with in their life and that this is mine and I just have to "pick up my cross" and carry it just as Jesus did.  It's the only way into to Heaven.  To accept without question and have faith that God is with me every step of the way and that He feels my pain and he feels my joy when I do experience it.  He knows the end result of the plan He layed out for me and so as hard as it is at times, I need to just keep swimming as Dory told Nemo's dad in Finding Nemo.  I know it might sound a little silly using those words but actually when I do, it kind of makes me smile a little and realize that when life gets me down, I need to just keep swimming and then when I focus on those words things don't for, sometimes only a brief second, seem so bad.

Anyone have any thoughts to share of their own?


No comments:

Post a Comment