I wrote last night about my feelings and the constant question that runs through my mind, Why Am I Alone? and after hearing this 12-year-old girl's inspirational story and heroic battle with cancer, suddenly my "woes" don't seem so bad. As I've written in a previous post, we all have our "crosses to bear" each and every one of us and how we "bear" them makes all the difference in the world. This little girl, who is not much older than my son, is fighting for her life and truly living her life to the fullest and taking the hand that she has been dealt in stride and using it to do good and help and inspire others. It makes me reflect and thank my lucky stars instead of focusing on Why Am I Alone? I should be thanking God and rejoicing that my son does not have cancer and neither do I. We can't always have it so bad that we can't have it worse is something my mom has always said to me. Well, listening to this little girl's amazing story has inspired me to focus on what I do have and not what I don't. If you are like me and have days that bring you down, take a look at this and hopefully things won't seem so bad in your world anymore either.
No comments:
Post a Comment